Week 10

Are you feeling confident about your video argument?  Discuss why or why not.

Comments

  1. On a scale of 1-10, I would say a 6. I'm not really sure where to start or what footage I need. I have a few good ideas, I just need to write them down and create some sort of storyboard. When it comes to captivating the beauty of nature, there's infinite possibilities, but all I have to do is go outside. I also have to take time to go out of my way and film some nature is that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very confident about the video argument because I have a strong foundation on the subject and I feel comfortable about talking on a microphone. I also have made voice overs before on movie maker so I should be able to sting it together effectively. I have not just adobe premier pro though, so there might be a little bit of a learning curve, but it should not be too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about confident. I has some idea or vision of what I want to make, but nothing concrete. I don't think I have anything I need to feel confident over because making a video doesn't seem like a really big task or something to be worried about that requires confidence. The only reason to not feel comfortable, therefor requiring confidence to get past discomfort, about making a video argument is if you had no argument at all, which is not the case with myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only feel moderately confident. I'm confident in the fact that I have good information about a topic that I think is important, but I'm less confident in my ability to get creative and make a video that I would be proud of. I don't have any experience making videos apart from a couple in a middle school English class. I know that I could organize all of my information and make it flow, but I don't want to make a mediocre video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel decent about my video, I have a general idea of what I will be recording and know the steps I will be taking. The hardest part isn't the video recording, what it is mostly is the research online. But, overall I feel like my topic isn't hard to point out the argument and it should go fluently.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am quite confident in the claim that I came up with and I feel really good so far about my ideas for the video and the style that I'm going for, but I am worried about how it will turn out. I don't really have any experience with video editing and I am looking to do something interesting to enhance my argument, so I'm less confident about that part. I do, however, feel confident about my interviewees and I think their inclusion in my video will make a big difference. The claim is also not one that is overly controversial, and I see it being less difficult to craft my argument than it would have been with other ideas I had early on. Despite some insecurities, I am excited to make my video and I look forward to the challenges that come about in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am confident in my research, and in my plan for videography, but not so confident in how I'll be able to execute my plans. I've never done much video work so it is very new to me. I believe that I'll be able to put together a pretty good video argument, but whether or not it reflects what I envisioned will be very important to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe that I am pretty confident in my video argument. It is extremely easy to argue that Clemson SHOULD have food trucks on campus, but it may be hard to prove that they are allowed. It will not be difficult to find people who agree with me for interviews. Although it is very easily arguable, it may be tough to fill time with facts because after all it is just food trucks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel really good about my video argument. I am pretty well versed in the world of rowing because I have been a part of the sport for five years. It is something I am really passionate about which has made it much easier for me to work on. I actually have enjoyed researching my sport because I have learned some things I didn't know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very confident on my claim that recycling more plastics will help wildlife and I know that my video will be quite entertaining but I am not as confident on how to present the information I have. I don't want to do a straight lecture over picture but want to find a better way to appeal to ethos through the video. I have done videos before but not an argument type.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not too confident in my video yet but I think I have good information. I'm not sure where to start on my video or how I can make it more interesting. I don't have much experience writing or making videos so this is pretty new to me. I am confident in my claim though and do think I can make a good video that has good arguments and addresses most counterarguments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am feeling confident about my visual argument. It is the same argument that I have been pursuing since our first assignment about the arguments. My goal is to add more recycling bins around campus in order to increase the amount of recycling around campus. I feel confident because I have all of my ideas written out, and a decent idea of what my video should look like. Whether or not I can properly convey this in a video is a whole different story. I am very familiar with the video editing software iMovie, so hopefully I can put all of my ideas onto the screen. But all in all, I feel like I will be able to properly accomplish what I am trying to do through this video.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts